Here's my second shot for spaghetti carbonara. This time I use whole wheat spaghetti. Simon, my hubby doesn't really like the whole wheat spaghetti taste. But it was delicious. I got the simple recipe at ASDA, the supermarket, website. It was pretty good. It is creamy but I am not very satisfied with it.
Source : ASDA
- 450g Whole wheat spaghetti
- 2tbsp olive oil
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 2-3 garlic cloves, crushed
- 150g crispy Bacon strips, crushed
- 2 eggs
- 142ml pot double cream
- 50g grated Parmesan cheese, with extra to serve
- Flat-leaf parsley leaves, to garnish
2. Place the eggs in a bowl and beat gently with a fork. Beat in the cream and Parmesan, and season with black pepper.
3. Add the egg mixture to onions, garlic and bacon. Cook over a gentle heat until bubly. Put in the crushed crispy bacon strips. Season with pepper
4. Drain the spagetti and serve immediately pouring the sauce on top with a sprinkling of parsley, extra Parmesan and crushed bacon on top.
The recipe actually says to cook the sauce together with the boiled spagetti but I like to have it separate so I can control how much I wanted. Also I can save the rest of the sauce for later.