Welcome to my Foodie Blog

I'm a beginner cook with a very very supportive husband as my kitchen assistant.
My foodie blog is where I will share my simple and no fuss recipes that my husband and I like and absolutely easy to try... At least we have tried.
I also love taking picture of the food so here it goes... a combination of cooking and photography... Enjoy

Love, Helena Rijoly - Matakupan

Thursday, May 27, 2010

Greek Salad Omelete



This is my first entry to Masak Bareng Yuk!!
I’ve been wanting to join the event but always fall short on time, ingredients and self-confidence. I always find time to look at the round up result and they are all great. But this time I decided to beat all odds and brave myself to enter. This months theme is Egg based cooking and I happen to see an omelette recipe in BBC Cookbook that I wanted to try. Plus, my landlord always give us fresh egg from her hens almost every morning. So here it is…. I particularly love the taste of feta cheese in it. But I think Cheddar cheese will do just fine too.




Source: BBC GoodFood Cookbook

Ingredient:
4 Eggs
Handful of chopped parsley
1 tbsp of olive oil
¼ Red onion, chopped
1 large plum tomatoes, chopped
Handful of pitted black olive, halved
100 gr feta cheese

Direction:
1.      Pre-heated grill on high.
2.      Whisk eggs in large bowl with the chopped parsley, pepper and salt.
3.      Heat the oil in a non-stick frying pan, and fry the red onion on high heat until brown around the edges.
4.      Add the tomatoes and olives, stir and coor for another 1 – 2 minutes
5.      Turn the heat down and pour in the eggs. Leave it half cooked – about 2 minutes and scatter the feta cheese on top.
6.      Slide the Pan under the grill for 5 minutes until omelet is puffed up and golden. Serve straight away.

Note : Sliding the omelets under the grill is just to brown the feta on top. You don’t have to do this. Simply cover the omelet until cook will do just fine.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails