Welcome to my Foodie Blog

I'm a beginner cook with a very very supportive husband as my kitchen assistant.
My foodie blog is where I will share my simple and no fuss recipes that my husband and I like and absolutely easy to try... At least we have tried.
I also love taking picture of the food so here it goes... a combination of cooking and photography... Enjoy

Love, Helena Rijoly - Matakupan

Thursday, February 9, 2012

Tempe Bacem // Sweet Marinated Tempeh


This dish always brings back the sweet memories of my Grandma, Madgalena, whose name I inherited.
This is the third time I made this and all is made with Rice cooker.

Source: Seri Menu Shari-hari - Yasa Boga

Ingredient:
250 Tempe - cut to 5x6 cm cube
2 Bay leaves - I didn't use
1 cm galangal - bruised
500 cc coconut water / plain water
50 cc vegetable oil

To be grind: - use pestle or food processor. - I simple chopped these following ingredients for the non-existance of the above things.
1 tsp coriander
5 Indonesian red onion
2 garlic
1 tsp salt
1/2 tsp asam jawa (hmmmm what's the English for this?)
1 tbsp gula merah

Direction:
1. Mix together the water with Bay leaves, galangal, and grinded ingredients
2. Add the Tempe
3. Boil until the water is reduced to half
4. Pour the oil in the wok
5. Fried the Tempe while turning it every once in a while until it's browsing. But not to long and dry.
6. Ready to plate

1 comment:

  1. Annie, here's the terms of:
    - Indonesian red onion is shallot,
    - asam jawa is tamarind,
    - gula merah is palm sugar ;)

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails