Welcome to my Foodie Blog

I'm a beginner cook with a very very supportive husband as my kitchen assistant.
My foodie blog is where I will share my simple and no fuss recipes that my husband and I like and absolutely easy to try... At least we have tried.
I also love taking picture of the food so here it goes... a combination of cooking and photography... Enjoy

Love, Helena Rijoly - Matakupan

Wednesday, June 9, 2010

Tulang Domba Asam Pedas // Hot and Sour Lamb Bones


This is our last night dinner. The weather dropped few degree so it was a bit chilly. I still have the lamb bones I snatched from bargain shelves. A bunch of it for 50p... Uhmmm... I am still very happy with myself. lol!!!
Anyway, I do not feel like making curry or anything with coconut milk. Somehow i feel a bit too much, too fat and too rich. I want something light and yummy to heat up the evening.
I found a recipe at detik.com and modify it according to what I have left in the fridge. It is a great coincidence since we are planning our weekend getaway so I need to finish and clean the fridge.

I was not so convince at the beginning but tasting the result last night with my better half, it was YUMM-O... simon said he can't stop eating. LOL!! I know... I like it too...

Ingredient:

500g Lamb bones with bits of meat on it.
1 lt water
2cm galangal, bruised
2 bay leaves
6 shallot (the small indonesian shallot - not the big ones)
2 garlic - grind together with shallot

1 tbsp pickle jalapeno chilles
2 carrots, chopped
1/2 red pepper, cut into squares
1/2 green pepper, cut into squares
salt and blackpepper
1 tbsp cooking oil

Direction:
1. Boil the lamb bones with galangal, salt and bay leaves with low heat for about 1 hour. Or until the meat can gently come off the bones when pinched. Then put in the chopped carrots.
2. Heat oil and saute grind shallot and garlic until fragrant. Add the red and green pepper.
3. Put the saute shalot, garlic and peppers into the boiling lamb bones pan and cook through.
4. Adjust the seasoning with salt and black pepper.
5. Ready to serve with steaming hot white rice.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails