Welcome to my Foodie Blog

I'm a beginner cook with a very very supportive husband as my kitchen assistant.
My foodie blog is where I will share my simple and no fuss recipes that my husband and I like and absolutely easy to try... At least we have tried.
I also love taking picture of the food so here it goes... a combination of cooking and photography... Enjoy

Love, Helena Rijoly - Matakupan

Sunday, June 6, 2010

Mie Siram Daging Cincang // Noodle with Mince Meat



This is our last night dinner. I am aiming to finish all our weekly supply before heading out for the next one. I have left over mince meat in the fridge and kinda craving to eat noodle. So I thought I will cook noodle and mince meat. Back in the days of us dating and still during the post-conflict period in Ambon, Simon and I usually have dinner of Mie Ayam (chicken noodle) from street food vendor in front of Kantor Pajak. So I think I will make my own take of Mie Ayam with Mince Meat. I love it, Simon loves it. We’re happy bunnies..

Serve 2

Ingredient:
250 gr Egg noodle
200 gr Mince Meat
3 garlic, finely chopped
1 stalk of spring onion, finely chopped
1 tbsp oyster sauce
1 tbsp Indonesian sweet soy sauce
1 tbsp of soy sauce
Salt and pepper
Cooking oil

Beef Broth:
A handful of Pok Choi
2 garlic, crushed
½ stalk of spring onion, the green part
400 ml of water

Direction
Meat:
Heat the 1 tbsp of cooking oil then autee garlic and spring onion until fragrant.
Put the mince meat and cook until it turn color.
Add oyster sauce, Indonesian sweet soy sauce, soy sauce, salt and pepper.
Add a little stock or water and let it cooked through and set it aside.

Beef Broth:
Make the broth by boiling 400 ml of water with a piece of beef or beef bones. Add salt, pepper and crushed garlic. Let it boil.
Wash and cut the pok choi. Before serving, put them in the boiling broth and simmer for 3 minutes.

Noodle:
Prepare the noodle as directed on the packaging. Usually boil it with some water for 3 minutes. Drain it and add tbsp of cooking oil to avoid them sticking to each other.

Serve with fried onion (I do not use) and sliced spring onion.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails