This is my first entry to Masak Bareng Yuk!!
I’ve been wanting to join the event but always fall short on time, ingredients and self-confidence. I always find time to look at the round up result and they are all great. But this time I decided to beat all odds and brave myself to enter. This months theme is Egg based cooking and I happen to see an omelette recipe in BBC Cookbook that I wanted to try. Plus, my landlord always give us fresh egg from her hens almost every morning. So here it is…. I particularly love the taste of feta cheese in it. But I think Cheddar cheese will do just fine too.
Source: BBC GoodFood Cookbook
Handful of chopped parsley
1 tbsp of olive oil
¼ Red onion, chopped
1 large plum tomatoes, chopped
Handful of pitted black olive, halved
100 gr feta cheese
1. Pre-heated grill on high.
2. Whisk eggs in large bowl with the chopped parsley, pepper and salt.
3. Heat the oil in a non-stick frying pan, and fry the red onion on high heat until brown around the edges.
4. Add the tomatoes and olives, stir and coor for another 1 – 2 minutes
5. Turn the heat down and pour in the eggs. Leave it half cooked – about 2 minutes and scatter the feta cheese on top.
6. Slide the Pan under the grill for 5 minutes until omelet is puffed up and golden. Serve straight away.
Note : Sliding the omelets under the grill is just to brown the feta on top. You don’t have to do this. Simply cover the omelet until cook will do just fine.