Welcome to my Foodie Blog

I'm a beginner cook with a very very supportive husband as my kitchen assistant.
My foodie blog is where I will share my simple and no fuss recipes that my husband and I like and absolutely easy to try... At least we have tried.
I also love taking picture of the food so here it goes... a combination of cooking and photography... Enjoy

Love, Helena Rijoly - Matakupan

Tuesday, May 18, 2010

Cap Cay Udang Dan Bakso Ikan – Vegetable Stir Fry with Prawn and Fishballs



We were invited by Mbak Dyah for Picnic with Indonesian families and friend on early spring time. It was going to be a potluck and each of us will bring one dish to complete the whole menu set. She asked whether we can bring Cap Cay. Whoooaaaahhaa!!! Never cooked cap cay before thus for the sake of challenge and adventure. Simon and I agreed to it. I browsed around for recipe and found a recipe here. I modify it by adding several ingredients.

Simon and I give it a try that night and make an improved version the next day but sadly, I didn’t have the picture of the cap cay we have on the actual picnic day. I am writing the second batch (the picnic batch) recipe here. The recipe is for 12 – 15 people.

Ingredients:
2 large carrot, sliced
¾  cauliflower, cut into florets
½ Broccoli, cut into florets
1 handful of Mange tout,  sliced
8 fish balls, sliced
1 cup of prawn
1 cup of button mushroom, sliced
6 clove garlic, crushed and mix with 1/2 teaspoon ground pepper
1 onion, chopped
2 cm ginger, finely chopped
2 spring onion, sliced
1 tbsp fish sauce
2 tablespoon veg oil
1 tbsp cornstarch, diluted with water
extra 100 ml water

Method:

  1. Heat the oil on a wok, add garlic, onion and ginger cook until fragrant.
  2. In a separate pan boil water and blanced broccoli and cauliflower.
  3. Add carrot, prawn and sliced fish balls
  4. Add water, boil for 2 minutes, add mange tout and mushroom, cook again for 1 minutes until vegetables are tender.
  5. Add in the broccoli and cauliflower.
  6. Pour in the cornstarch water, and fish sauce, season with salt, pepper and last add spring onion, cook again for 1-2 minutes.
  7. Serve.


Ps. The picture I posted is not the cap cay we cooked and bring to the Picnic. I have to hunt for the picture first. This is the pictrue of our Cap cay Tru-out the night before and we scrambled eggs into it.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails