Welcome to my Foodie Blog

I'm a beginner cook with a very very supportive husband as my kitchen assistant.
My foodie blog is where I will share my simple and no fuss recipes that my husband and I like and absolutely easy to try... At least we have tried.
I also love taking picture of the food so here it goes... a combination of cooking and photography... Enjoy

Love, Helena Rijoly - Matakupan

Tuesday, May 18, 2010

Vegetable and Vermicelli Spring roll // Spring roll Sayuran dan Bihun.



Once Simon and I visited our friend, Rini Astuti, Simon’s fellow Chevening Scholar in London. I was 2 months pregnant, I think and was craving Indonesian food. Anyway, Simon was on his 1 day seminar and I was doing my London Museum trip. It was late in the afternoon and I was pretty tired when I get to British Museum. Rini’s apartment (very enviously) is located just opposite the museum. We all invited to her place and she served a great spring roll for us. I asked her the recipe which she gladly shared. It was actually very simple. 1 week later, we decided to do it ourselves. This has become our favorite snack and starter. Thank you Rini!!!
The chicken can be substitute with prawn or what ever leftover meat you have or just omit the meat. 

Ingredient:
15 ready to roll springroll sheets
200gr of rice vermicelli
½ cup of thinly chopped carrots
½ cup of peas
½ cup of  sweet corn
½ cup of chopped leftover chicken
1 cm of ginger
3 bulbs garlic
1 tbsp light soy sauce
Salt and pepper
Cooking oil

Direction:

  1. Soak the rice vermicelli in hot water for 5 minutes. Drain and drizzle with oil to keep it from sticking. Using a kitchen shears, cut the vermicelli in a bowl to approximate shorter length. Set aside.
  2. Grind together ginger and garlic with salt and pepper.
  3. Saute the ground ingredients until fragrant
  4. Add the vegetable and chicken. Stir well for 2 minutes.
  5. Add the soy sauce
  6. Stir in the rice vermicelli and mix well. Adjust the taste with salt and pepper.
  7. Take 1 spring roll sheet and add 1 tbsp of vermicelli. Wrapped and roll. You can find the folding instruction on the spring roll wrap.
  8. Deep fry the spring roll until golden brown. Serve with your favourite dip.
I am using Thai Spring roll dip bought from Asian store. Other fine choice can be Sambal ABC 

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails