Welcome to my Foodie Blog

I'm a beginner cook with a very very supportive husband as my kitchen assistant.
My foodie blog is where I will share my simple and no fuss recipes that my husband and I like and absolutely easy to try... At least we have tried.
I also love taking picture of the food so here it goes... a combination of cooking and photography... Enjoy

Love, Helena Rijoly - Matakupan

Tuesday, May 18, 2010

Peanut Butter Cookies


Second project of the day! Simply because I am just in the mood for cookies. This time I do Peanut Butter Cookies so I can share some with my Landlord. He doesn’t fancy Banana so Peanut butter will do with the remaining ingredient I have. Beside having 2 kind of cookies makes it more fun to choose.

Source: Simply Recipes

Ingredients
1/2 cup sugar
1/2 cup packed brown sugar – ¼ c I just use granulated sugar
1/2 cup butter, room temperature
1/2 cup peanut butter
1 egg
1 1/4 cup flour
3/4 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon baking powder
1/4 teaspoon salt

Method
  1. Cream the butter for 2 minutes. Add the sugars, cream for 2 more minutes. Mix in the peanut butter and egg. Mix together the dry ingredients - flour, baking soda, baking powder and salt. Stir into the sugar butter mixture.
  2. Wrap dough in plastic and refrigerate at least 3 hours.
  3. Preheat oven to 375°F. Shape dough into 1 1/4 inch balls. Place about 3 inches apart on ungreased cookie sheet. Flatten in crisscross pattern with a fork. Bake until light brown, 9 to 10 minutes. Cool on baking sheets for a minute; transfer to rack to cool completely.
Makes about 2 dozen cookies.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails