Welcome to my Foodie Blog

I'm a beginner cook with a very very supportive husband as my kitchen assistant.
My foodie blog is where I will share my simple and no fuss recipes that my husband and I like and absolutely easy to try... At least we have tried.
I also love taking picture of the food so here it goes... a combination of cooking and photography... Enjoy

Love, Helena Rijoly - Matakupan

Tuesday, May 18, 2010

Banana, Pecan and Choc Chip Cookies




I saw 3 leftover bananas on the kitchen counter and they already have brown spots. I know for sure that the inside is still good but I just don’t like the taste of over-ripened banana. Since, both Simon and I were down with flu the last few days, I craved for cookies to nibble. There you go… why not banana cookies. I remember bookmarked a recipe from………… few days ago and decided to give it a go.
The recipe called only for Pecan but I add choc chip too… **Smiling**

Source : Simply Recipes

Ingredients

1/2 cup of unsalted butter, room temperature
1 cup of sugar
1 egg, room temperature
1 cup of mashed bananas (about 2 ½ large bananas)
1 teaspoon of baking soda
2 cups of flour
pinch of salt
1/2 teaspoon of ground cinnamon
1/2 teaspoon of ground mace or nutmeg
1/2 teaspoon of ground cloves
1 cup of pecans (walnuts and chocolate chips are fine alternatives)

Method


  1. Preheat the oven to 350°F/180 C/ GM 4. Cream the butter and sugar together until light and fluffy. Add the egg and continue to beat until the mixture is light and fluffy.
  2. In a bowl, mix the mashed bananas and baking soda. Let it sit for 2 minutes. The baking soda will react with the acid in the bananas which in turn will give the cookies their lift and rise.
  3. Mix the banana mixture into the butter mixture. Mix together the flour, salt, and spices and sift into the butter and banana mixture and mix until just combined.
  4. Fold into the batter the pecans or chocolate chips if using. Drop in dollops onto parchment paper-lined baking sheet. Bake for 11-13 minutes or until nicely golden brown. Let cool on wire racks.
Makes 25 Cookies

Ps. I still hasn't got the right crunch cookies at the end. It turned chewy but Simon loved them tho'.. Love you honey

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails