Simon, My Better-Half and I been going to Yo-Sushi twice and as I am crazy of Japanesse food, I reckon we'd have to keep going to this nice but slightly on the expensive side restaurant. Therefore, on our second visit, I ordered my favourite entree and really taste it to figured out what the ingredients they put in it. So here's my take on my favourite Salmon Fried Rice. It tasted very very close to the Yo-Sushi one. So I'm a happy bunny.
1 slice of Salmon
2 serving bowl of sushi cooked rice - you can buy the sushi rice from Asian Store
1 Onion, finely chopped
1 cm or ginger, thinly sliced
1 cup of grated carrot
1 cup of sweet corn
1 tbsp of fish sauce
1 tbsp of soy sauce
1 tbsp of mirin
juice of 1/2 lime
1 spring onion, sliced
cucumber and tomato for garnish
Salt, pepper and sugar to season
1 tbsp Cooking oil
- Marinate the salmon with salt and lime juice for 15 minutes. Then grill them on oiled non-stick pan for 3 min on each side or until cooked. then crumbled the meat. Don't over cook the fish. Set aside
- Heat the non-stick pan with the cooking oil. Saute onion and ginger until fragrant.
- Add carrot, sweet corn and Salmon crumble then season with salt, pepper sugar, fish sauce, soy sauce and mirin.
- Put the sushi rice in and mix well. Adjust the seasoning to your taste.
- Just before serving, add sliced spring onion and garnish with sliced cucumber and tomato