Here’s a great quick supper for a lazy night for me and Simon. We call it our pizza night. The topping can varied according to what we have in the fridge or to our liking. And it’s just fun-do-it-ourselves food. Plus we don’t have to worry about added salt and preservatives in frozen ready made pizza.
Serve 2 people
1 loaf of French Bread Stick halved
100g mince meat
2 cloves garlic, finely chopped
½ Onion, finely chopped
1 tbsp olive oil
1 pepper - cut in squares
1 tomato – sliced
Salt and pepper
Pizza topping to your liking – either tomatoes or pesto – we use both
- Sauté garlic and onion with olive oil until fragrant. Add the mince meat. Cooked through and season with salt and pepper.
- Toast the halved French bread in the oven for 5 minutes
- Take the bread out of the oven, spread the Pizza topping. Topped with meat, pepper and tomatoes.
- Scatter grated cheddar and mozzarella on top.
- Bake for further 10 – 15 minutes or until cheese melts.