I was cooking Ropa Vieja, a spaninsh meat dish that require several hours of slow cooking, so I don’t know what to cook for dinner. I remember having left over rice vermicelli from spring roll project last week in the cupboard. So I decided to make Bihun Goreng. Using the same ingredient and technique as the spring roll. I just don’t have to roll it in the sheet and fry them again. It turned out great for our dinner.
200gr of rice vermicelli
½ cup of thinly chopped carrots
½ cup of peas
½ cup of sweet corn
½ cup of chopped leftover chicken
½ cup of Prawn
1 cm of ginger
3 bulbs garlic
1 tbsp light soy sauce
Salt and pepper
· Soak the rice vermicelli in hot water for 5 minutes. Drain and drizzle with oil to keep it from sticking. Using a kitchen shears, cut the vermicelli in a bowl to approximate shorter length. Set aside.
· Grind together ginger and garlic with salt and pepper.
· Saute the ground ingredients until fragrant
· Add the vegetable, prawn and chicken. Stir well for 2 minutes.
· Add the soy sauce
· Stir in the rice vermicelli and mix well. Adjust the taste with salt and pepper.