Welcome to my Foodie Blog

I'm a beginner cook with a very very supportive husband as my kitchen assistant.
My foodie blog is where I will share my simple and no fuss recipes that my husband and I like and absolutely easy to try... At least we have tried.
I also love taking picture of the food so here it goes... a combination of cooking and photography... Enjoy

Love, Helena Rijoly - Matakupan

Tuesday, May 18, 2010

Roast Vegetable, chicken breast and Toast

My better-half love eating healthy and I was caught in Friday out-of-ideas for cooking. I remembered Simon enjoyed baked vegetable we had last month and decided to chop whatever veg we have in the fridge for a quick baked vegetable. Then, I thought of the 2 pieces of chicken breast in the freezer. I don’t really like chicken breast. I always thought it’s too dry to my liking. So I decided to roast the chicken.

Ingredient:
10 Cherry Tomatoes, halved
1 Red Pepper, squarely chopped
½ Courgette, sliced thinly
1 carrot, sliced thinly
½ Red onion
2 tbsp olive oil
1 tsp salt
1 tsp pepper
1 tbsp of dried parsley
2 pieces of Chicken Breast
3 bulbs of Garlic
Salt and pepper

Direction:
  1. Rubbed the chicken breasts with ground garlic, salt and pepper. Left it marinated in the fridge for 15 minutes.
  2. Put the marinated chicken on a greased baking tray and baked in the oven Gas Mark 5 for 20 minutes. Or until chicken is tender and thoroughly cooked.
  3. Mixed the chopped vegetable with olive oil, salt, pepper and dried parsley. And popped it into the oven for 30 minutes or until vegetables are tender and cooked through.
  4. (this step is just for me because I hate dry chicken breast) Take the chicken out and sliced them up. Mix the slices with the chicken juices on the baking tray and returned to bake for 15 minutes.
  5. Take the baked vegetable and scattered chicken breast juices on top of it. Serve it with buttered toast

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails