Welcome to my Foodie Blog

I'm a beginner cook with a very very supportive husband as my kitchen assistant.
My foodie blog is where I will share my simple and no fuss recipes that my husband and I like and absolutely easy to try... At least we have tried.
I also love taking picture of the food so here it goes... a combination of cooking and photography... Enjoy

Love, Helena Rijoly - Matakupan

Tuesday, May 18, 2010

Ayam Bumbu Rendang



I bought an additional reduce-to-clear chicken pieces from the store (can’t resist bargain ^_^). I have already made different recipe for the other half when I decided I wanted to use the left over coconut milk in the fridge. I thought of Opor ayam but not quite in the mood. So why not Rendang? I have an old recipe for Meat rendang but I thought Chicken will do as well. I don’ have a complete ingredient so I just make it up some of it as I go along. It taste OK though at the end.

Ingredient:
½ Chicken, cut to 6 pieces
1 tsp tamarind Paste
1 stalk of lemongrass
3 lime leaves
200 ml coconut milk (from canned coconut milk) mixed with 100 ml water
1 tsp salt
1 tsp sugar
5 bulbs Shallot
3 bulbs Garlic
1 cm Galangal
1 cm Ginger
2 Bird eye chilli – I used 1 green and 1 red chillies

Direction:

  1. Grind together shallot, garlic, galangal, ginger and bird eye chilli.
  2. Boil the chicken, coconut milk, ground ingredient, lime leaves, lemongrass and tamarind paste. Until chicken in tender.
  3. Add Sugar and salt
  4. Cooked until coconut water reduced – I add 50 ml water to cooked it further for the ingredient to be absorbed by the chicken

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails