Welcome to my Foodie Blog

I'm a beginner cook with a very very supportive husband as my kitchen assistant.
My foodie blog is where I will share my simple and no fuss recipes that my husband and I like and absolutely easy to try... At least we have tried.
I also love taking picture of the food so here it goes... a combination of cooking and photography... Enjoy

Love, Helena Rijoly - Matakupan

Friday, July 16, 2010

Risoles // Vegetable and Meat Croquette


This is an entry based on inspiration from Novi Hamid Risoles. It was so yummy that I cannot stop thinking about it. So this morning, I decided to make my own take of Risoles. It was actually yummy (at least for my taste) especially for me who need to nibble every other hour. 

Risoles is slightly difficult to find the English translation... (anybody know???)...
It is basically vegetable and/or meat wrapped in savory pancake then rolled in breadcrumbs before frying it for a few minutes. Here's the recipe ........

Ingredient for Savory Pancake
100gr        All Purpose Flour
21/2 cup   Semi-skimmed milk (you can just use water )
1              Egg
1 tsp         Salt
Oil to drizzle the pan

Ingredient for the filling
5 small New Potatoes, diced small

1 medium Carrot, diced small
1/2 can of Corned beef

6 shallot, finely chopped

3 Garlic, finely chopped

a small bunch of flat leaf parsley, finely chopped
salt, pepper and sugar to taste
2 tbsp of water

1 tbsp of cooking oil

Final Prepartion Ingredient
Breadcrumbs
1 Egg, whisked
Cooking oil for frying

Direction

Savory pancake

Mix all ingredient together beginning with flour and salt and ad the egg before adding the water.
The consistency of the pancake dough should be runny and not thick. It will make it easier for you to create the thin pancake.
Drizzle a little oil in a non-stick frying pan jut enough to moist the surface.
Pour a small ladle of dough and swivel the pan to make a round think pancake shape.

Filling
Heat the oil then add finely chopped shallot and garlic fry until fragrant.
Add diced potatoes and carrots, let them cooked a bit by adding 2 tbsp of water (you can add some more if the potatoes are still raw.
Stir in the corned beef then add parsley
Add salt, pepper and sugar according to your liking.

Final Preparation
1. Lay the pancake flat open and fill with 2 tsp of filling. Wrap and roll.
2. Dip and coat the pancake with filling to the whisked egg
3. Roll it in the breadcrumbs, making sure all is coated
4. Fry for 2-3 minutes or until golden brown.

Make 13 Risoles.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails