Welcome to my Foodie Blog

I'm a beginner cook with a very very supportive husband as my kitchen assistant.
My foodie blog is where I will share my simple and no fuss recipes that my husband and I like and absolutely easy to try... At least we have tried.
I also love taking picture of the food so here it goes... a combination of cooking and photography... Enjoy

Love, Helena Rijoly - Matakupan

Thursday, February 9, 2012

Fried Rice // Nasi Goreng

There are far too many ways of making Nasi Goreng or Fried Rice. Ranging from the very simple onions, soy sauce, salt and rice to up market ones that adds far too many things such as every meat, sausage, seafood etc that you have in your fridge. Indeed Fried rice is a versatile recipe.

Today’s lunch is something simple easy and making use of an instant Fried Rice Spice that comes in small can. And again this is still on my edition of cooking with Rice Cooker. Simon, my better half, is always try his best to eat a balance meal and not too much meat. So I add a handful of Sawi – Chinesse Mustard Greens or Chinese Cabage (am not really sure what’s the English word for it).

Ingredients:

3 plates (servings) of cooked rice
½ Medium Onion, chopped
4 Garlics – crushed and chopped
1 stalk of Spring onion, sliced
2 handful of shredded Sawi
A cup of Small diced carrot
A small can of Fried rice Spice – I use the Pr**** brand
1 chicken gizzard diced – this is the left over from the chicken liver I used for lil Tania’s food.
3 tbsp of Vegetable oil
3 tbsp of sweet soy sauce

Direction
  1. Heat the oil in a wok (I use rice cooker)
  2. In with the Onion, garlic, sauté until it’s soften
  3. Add the diced carrot and Chicken Gizzard. Let it cook for a while
  4. Add the Sawi and Spring Onion, let them wilt in the wok
  5. Pour in the Fried Rice Spice and sweet soy sauce
  6. Take it off the heat and Put in the rice - I usually take it off the heat to mix to make sure I don’t burn the bottom of it.
  7. Put the wok back in the heat once the spices have been thoroughly mixed with the rice. And stir for 5 minutes.
  8. Ready to plate

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails