Welcome to my Foodie Blog

I'm a beginner cook with a very very supportive husband as my kitchen assistant.
My foodie blog is where I will share my simple and no fuss recipes that my husband and I like and absolutely easy to try... At least we have tried.
I also love taking picture of the food so here it goes... a combination of cooking and photography... Enjoy

Love, Helena Rijoly - Matakupan

Monday, June 13, 2011

Eggplant / Aubergine in Sweet Soy Sauce // Terong Saus Kecap


This is lunch today. We're staying at my mom and dad's house and with Tania very fussy we have no time to go to the market. What I can find in the fridge is Eggplant or Aubergine plus some Indonesian red onion and Garlic. After rummaging for a while I found some Sweet Soy sauce, seasoned flour (tepung bumbu serba guna) and ground white pepper. That'll do I think. So here's a very simple and quick dish.

Ingredients:
3 medium size Eggplant - cut to your liking for 1 cm thickness
5 Indonesian red onion
4 Garlic
4 table spoon of Sweet Soy Sauce
a handful of Seasoned Flour
Salt, ground white pepper
1/2 cup Oil for frying

Direction:
  1. Crushed 1 garlic and mix with with a little water and salt to rub over the eggplant. Make sure it cover it all but not soaking it. Set aside for 15 minutes.
  2. In a pestle (if you have one or food processor), grind together 5 Indonesian red onion and 3 garlic. Set aside
  3. Heat the oil in a wok. Put the seasoned flour on a plate and dip the eggplant and fried it for 5 minutes on medium heat just until the coating is golden.  
  4. The sauce: Saute the ground onion in 2 tablespoon of oil (from the oil used for frying the eggplant) until fragrant. Then in with the sweet soy sauce, salt and ground white pepper. Taste and combine well.
  5. Arrange the fried eggplant on plate and then pour the sauce over the eggplant. Ready to serve.



No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails