I was down with flu then My Lil Tania also catch it. Simon started to sniff too. The weather is getting wetter, gloomier and colder. So Mie Ayam is the perfect cure... Basically I just need hot broth dish. Then I thought of making my own pangsit and Ta-DA!!! Easy peasy actually...
So Since I am battling stuffy nose and ticklish throat plus need to work fast to anticipate Tania waking up for her feed. I use only approximate measuring. Please adjust your taste if you tried the recipe..
I am submitting this as my entry to Masak bareng Yuuk! Event of "Hidangan Berkuah"
The Noodle Soup consists of Chicken Toppping, Broth, beef balls (bakso) and wonton.
Click here for Beef balls (bakso) recipe.
Click here for wonton recipe.
Source: Buku Seri Menu Istimewa - Yasaboga terbitan Gramedia Pustaka Utama
- Egg Noodle - I use the one that comes in small bundled nest. 1 nest for 1 person.
- Wonton Skin
- Beef balls
- Blanched Bok Choy
- Chicken breast, finely diced - you can cut it in big chunk or as small as you like
- 4 garlic, mashed it in a pestle
- 1 Medium Onion
- 5 tbsp Indonesian Sweet Soy Sauce
- 1 tbsp Sesame Oil
- 1/2 cup water
- Salt and pepper
- 3 tbsp oil
- heat the oil in wok, saute garlic and onion until fragrant.
- Put the chicken in and continue sauteing until chicken pieces change color.
- In with the sesame oil, salt, pepper, sweet soy sauce and water.Mix well.
- Cover the wok and let it cook for a few minutes until most the water is absorbed.
- Remove from heat and set aside.
- 700 cc Water or Chicken Broth (if you have)
- 1/2 tsp ground white pepper
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 Spring onion, sliced
- 1 chicken stock cube if you feel like adding one.
- Boil the water / Broth, add ground white pepper, salt and stock cube.
- Just before removing from heat, put the sliced spring onion
HOW TO SERVE
- Blanch the dried noodle if you are using one. Drain and immediatelly sprinke about 1/2 tsp cooking oil on it to keep them from sticking.
- Put the noodle in bowls. Topped with 1 or 2 tbsp of Chicken topping, blanched Bok Choy and Fried Wonton.
- Put the broth in a smaller bowl with Beefballs and steamed Wonton
I didn't make my own sambal. instead I use the store bought chilli sauce. ^_^