Welcome to my Foodie Blog

I'm a beginner cook with a very very supportive husband as my kitchen assistant.
My foodie blog is where I will share my simple and no fuss recipes that my husband and I like and absolutely easy to try... At least we have tried.
I also love taking picture of the food so here it goes... a combination of cooking and photography... Enjoy

Love, Helena Rijoly - Matakupan

Monday, September 27, 2010

Chicken and Vegetable A la Provencale


I was going to cook Briyani but I saw Simon's Bap Breads on their last day of expiration. Thus, I thought to make something that we can eat with the bread. We've got loads of vegetable in the fridge that demands to be cooked before they go spoil. So the easiest thing to cook is a quick Chicken and Vegetable with provencal herbs. We usually bought a ready to cook package from supermarket but just this once I want to try it from scratch. - Anyway, the recipe calls for chicken breast but I only have chicken wings so... no chicken breast no problem

Source: Pan-Cooked Chicken Dishes from Around the World (cookbook)

Ingredient:
2 chicken breast, skinned and boned (I use 6 chicken wings)
2 tsp of herbs de provencal (mix 1 tsp each of marjoram, basil, thyme and oregano)
1/2 Onions
2 garlic cloves
1 tomatoe, cut in fours and cubed
1/2 red pepper, cut into strips
1/2 green pepper, cut into strips
2 carrots, cut half length wise and cut in medium chunks
4 tbsp olive oil
salt and black pepper
2 tbsp chopped parsley (I used dried parsley)

Direction
1. Rub chicken breasts (or chicken wings or what ever you are using) with salt, pepper and the herbs.
2. Peel and finely chopped Onions and garlic
3. Heat the olive oil in the pan and fry the chicken breast for 8 minutes or until chicken is cooked to your liking. remove from pan
4. Add garlic and onion. Saute until fragrant
5. Put in the carrot chunks. you can add a little water  (4 tbsp) just to let the carrot a bit tender
6. Add the pepper and tomatoes. Stir until everything soften but still has a crunch to it
7. Add a little of the herbs mix, adjust the seasoning
8. Serve with toasted bread.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails