Welcome to my Foodie Blog

I'm a beginner cook with a very very supportive husband as my kitchen assistant.
My foodie blog is where I will share my simple and no fuss recipes that my husband and I like and absolutely easy to try... At least we have tried.
I also love taking picture of the food so here it goes... a combination of cooking and photography... Enjoy

Love, Helena Rijoly - Matakupan

Wednesday, September 1, 2010

Kohu-Kohu // Ambon style Vegetable and Fish salad


3 weeks ago, I was craving food from home. Then I saw my sister in law food folder in Facebook and she made kohu-kohu... a traditional salad dish from Ambon. I immediatelly asked for the recipe and she sent me almost as soon as she get my message. Thank you usi Non...
Of course, I cannot find all the exact ingredient as we normally use in Ambon so she suggested some alternative. The taste is very very similar and cure my homesickness.

Ingredient:
1 pack of Smoked Makarel (1 medium fish), shreded
2 handful of fine bean, cut to 2 cm and blanched in hot water - In Ambon we use Kacang Panjang
1 handful of Beansprout, cleaned and blanched in hot water
a handful of basil leaves, cleaned and torn
1/2 coconut, grated - you can steam it for 15 minutes to avoid it getting spoiled too soon
4 Indonesian shallot (Bawang merah), grind
2 garlic, grind
1/2 tsp Salt

Direction:
1. Grind together shallot and garlic with 1 tsp of salt.
2. Put the blanched fine beans, beansprout, shreded smoked makarel, grated coconut and torn basil leaves in a bowl. add the grounded shallot and garlic. Mix together throroughly.
3. Adjust the taste of salt.

4. Ready to serve

Note : If you like it spicy, feel free to grind chili with the shallot and garlic

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails