Welcome to my Foodie Blog

I'm a beginner cook with a very very supportive husband as my kitchen assistant.
My foodie blog is where I will share my simple and no fuss recipes that my husband and I like and absolutely easy to try... At least we have tried.
I also love taking picture of the food so here it goes... a combination of cooking and photography... Enjoy

Love, Helena Rijoly - Matakupan

Wednesday, September 1, 2010

Ravioli with Roasted Squash and Sage Brown Butter


I was rummaging my old pic files and found this picture.
I cooked this for Christmas 2009 and I think I haven't posted it.
Since I am feeling heavy counting my the time to my-ever-so-close due date...
I think this is a great dish I wanted to eat today but not having the strength to cook it.

Source: RedBookMag March 2009 Edition

Ingredient:
1/4 portion of butternut squash - peeled and cut into 1/2 inch dice
1 tbsp Olive oil
20 frozen jumbo 4 Cheese Ravioli
1 stick of unsalted butter
1/2 medium Onion - Minced
15 sage leaves
1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
salt and ground black pepper

Direction:
1. Heat oven to 475F. toss squash with oil on a baking sheet. Spread on even layer. Roast for 25 minutes. tossing once or twice or until browned on edges and tender.
2. While squash roasted, bring a large pot of salted water to boil
3. 5 minutes before squash is cooked, add frosen ravioli to boiling water and cook 3 to 5 minutes or according to package direction, until tender. Drain well -drizzle with little olive oil.
4. Whilepasta is cooking, melt butter in a skillet over low to medium heat. Add onion and cook for 3 minutes, then add sage leaves and slowly cook until butter is golden brown and smells nutty and sage leaves are crisp. - watch carefully, sage turns golden to brown very quickly.
5. To serve arrange 5 or 6 ravioli on each plate and top with roasted squash and Parmesan.
6. Spoon brown butter and sage leaves over each serving and season with salt and pepper

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails