Welcome to my Foodie Blog

I'm a beginner cook with a very very supportive husband as my kitchen assistant.
My foodie blog is where I will share my simple and no fuss recipes that my husband and I like and absolutely easy to try... At least we have tried.
I also love taking picture of the food so here it goes... a combination of cooking and photography... Enjoy

Love, Helena Rijoly - Matakupan

Monday, September 27, 2010

Simple and Quick Chicken Biryani


Here's the Chicken Biryani. It taste pretty good for my between feed food. The recipe calls for peas only but I only have frozen mix vegetable, so why not? ^_^... I also use the left over rice from yesterday. So there's a little tweak from the original recipe

Source: BBC Goodfood Cookbook

Ingredient
2 tbsp vegetable oil
6 chicken wings
1/2 Onion, thinly sliced
2 tbsp curry powder
1 tsp turmeric powder
2 cups of leftover rice
1/2 cup of chicken / vegetable stock
1 cup of frozen mix vegetable (mine was peas, beans, carrots and sweetcorn)

1. Marinate chicken with salt and pepper then fry for 5 - 8 minutes or until cooked. set aside.
2. Saute  onions until soften and fragrant, add the chicken and mix vegetable
3. Add the stock, curry powder and turmeric powder and let it simmer
4. Tip in the rice and mix well.-

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails