Welcome to my Foodie Blog

I'm a beginner cook with a very very supportive husband as my kitchen assistant.
My foodie blog is where I will share my simple and no fuss recipes that my husband and I like and absolutely easy to try... At least we have tried.
I also love taking picture of the food so here it goes... a combination of cooking and photography... Enjoy

Love, Helena Rijoly - Matakupan

Friday, December 11, 2009

Bubur Kacang Hijau // Indonesian Mung Bean Porridge




It was Autumn 2008, last year in Hartford. I have just arrived in US and doing my best to cope with the cold weather. I have bought some mung bean and my friend Rev. Jacky Manuputty, fellow Ambonesse studying in the same institution, had given me gula merah or Indonesian palm sugar. I wanted to make sure I do it right so I search for a fool-proof the recipe. I found this following from Mindy Jordan's Foodie Blog. It has been my inspiration ever since.

Source: Mindy Jordan

Ingredients:
350 gr Mung Bean - washed then soaked in water overnight, drained well before boiling
4 cm ginger - crushed
Palm sugar - grated
Salt
Water
Condensed Milk


Directions:
Boil the Mung beans for about 15-20 minutes
Add crushed ginger and cook again until the Mung beans are cracked
Add the palm sugar and salt, combine well. Serve warm or cold

Add condense milk if you like. Some people prefer coconut milk but I like the condensed milk or Susu Kental Manis. 


The picture of the Mung bean is taken on Rev. Jacky's floor when we enjoy the Mung bean together in a cold autumn day.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails