Welcome to my Foodie Blog

I'm a beginner cook with a very very supportive husband as my kitchen assistant.
My foodie blog is where I will share my simple and no fuss recipes that my husband and I like and absolutely easy to try... At least we have tried.
I also love taking picture of the food so here it goes... a combination of cooking and photography... Enjoy

Love, Helena Rijoly - Matakupan

Friday, December 11, 2009

Indian Cauliflower Curry Stew



Indian Cauliflower Curry Stew

Source: Good Housekeeping Magazine, Jan 2009

Cooking time : 30 – 45 min
Serve : 4

Ingredient:
1 tbsp Olive Oil
3 Med Carrots – Chopped
1 Onion
1 tbsp Peeled and crushed fresh ginger
1 tbsp Curry Powder
Salt
2 c. Vegetable broth
1 med head cauliflower – cut into florets
 2 cans garbanzo beans – rinsed, drained and soaked over night
½ c. loosely packed fresh cilantro leaves – chopped
¼ c. low fat yogurt plus additional for serving   
Rice – I used Basmati

Direction:
In 6 quart Dutch oven, heat oil on medium-high until hot. Add carrots and onion and cook for 10 – 12 minutes or until vegetables are lightly browned and tender – stir frequently

Meanwhile, cook the rice as label directs or in what ever way you know and enjoy.

Stir ginger, curry and salt into carrot mix – cook for 3 min – stir occasionally

Add broth, cauliflower, garbanzo beans – cover and cook on medium for 15 min until cauliflower is tender.

To serve, stir chopped cilantro and yogurt into the stew. Spoon rice into serving plates and topped with stew. Put additional yogurt to dollop on top if you like.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails