Welcome to my Foodie Blog

I'm a beginner cook with a very very supportive husband as my kitchen assistant.
My foodie blog is where I will share my simple and no fuss recipes that my husband and I like and absolutely easy to try... At least we have tried.
I also love taking picture of the food so here it goes... a combination of cooking and photography... Enjoy

Love, Helena Rijoly - Matakupan

Friday, December 11, 2009

Snappy Chili // Chili cepat



My memory of Chili dish would be my mother’s homemade chilly. We used to be responsible to run a gruest house for SIL (Summer Institute of Linguistic) in Ambon, Indonesia. It was so long ago that I almost forgot the taste. During my study in US, I came across 3 variations of simple chilly recipes that I love so much I had to cut it out from the magazine. Finally, I put it to the test for my husband and I, 8 months after I stumble upon it. Only this time we are in England… How the recipe travel. I combined and changed some ingredient according to what I think will suit our tongue and Ta Da!!!! Hubby said it taste much better than one of the famous restaurant in our town… lol... What a great husband.

So here’s my twisted version of Snappy Chili adapted from Woman’s Day Magazine, April 2009 by Donna Meadow


Serve : 4
Cooking time : 30 min



Ingredient:
12 oz    ground beef
1 can    Red Kidney Bean - rinsed
1 cup    diced bell pepper
1          chopped onion
1 tsp     dried basil
1 tsp     salt
1 tsp     ground black pepper
1 can    Tomato Pure – I used Diced Tomato in can – or tomato paste will do
2 tsp     Olive oil

Direction:
Heat olive oil in a nonstick skillet. Dunk the Onion until fragrant.

Add in ground beef and bell pepper – cook over medium high heat for 5 minutes, breaking up chunks of meat with a wooden spoon, until the meat is browned.

Add the tomato puree, oregano, salt and ground black pepper – bring to a simmer.
Cover and cook for 5 min – stirring occasionally until the pepper are tender.

Stir in the red kidney beans and heat through.

Serve over rice (the way I like it) or over bread (the way hubby like it) with fresh garden leaf salad on the side.



No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails