Welcome to my Foodie Blog

I'm a beginner cook with a very very supportive husband as my kitchen assistant.
My foodie blog is where I will share my simple and no fuss recipes that my husband and I like and absolutely easy to try... At least we have tried.
I also love taking picture of the food so here it goes... a combination of cooking and photography... Enjoy

Love, Helena Rijoly - Matakupan

Friday, December 11, 2009

Simple Chicken Soup // Sup Ayam Mudah



Serve 4
Cooking time : 30 min - 45 min
Ingredient:
2 pieces Chicken - any part will do, I use Upper Thigh
4 med Potatoes- Cut to cubes
4 Med Carrot - chopped
1 Celery Stalk - chopped
1/2 c. corn
1 med onion - finely chopped
3 cloves garlic - crushed
1 tbsp olive oil
Parsley finely chopped
Salt and pepper

Direction:
Make the broth by boiling the chicken with salt, 2 crushed garlic and pepper for 10 - 15 minutes.
(You may shred the chiken or cut it in cubes or just leave it whole which ever you like.)

Add potatoes, carrot and celeery to the broth - cover and cook for 10 min

In a separate skillet, heat the olive oil and saute the onion and 1 crushed garlic until tender and fragrant.
Add to the soup together with the corn.

Let it cook until potatoes and carrot are tender. Sprinkle chopped parsley upon serving.

Some would also like to add fried onion as topping.

Enjoy the soup with rice or bread or just soup with itself. In our case, my husband and I enjoy having it with French bread spread with garlic butter.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails