Welcome to my Foodie Blog

I'm a beginner cook with a very very supportive husband as my kitchen assistant.
My foodie blog is where I will share my simple and no fuss recipes that my husband and I like and absolutely easy to try... At least we have tried.
I also love taking picture of the food so here it goes... a combination of cooking and photography... Enjoy

Love, Helena Rijoly - Matakupan

Monday, December 14, 2009

Spagetti Carbonara




Here's my second shot for spaghetti carbonara. This time I use whole wheat spaghetti. Simon, my hubby doesn't really like the whole wheat spaghetti taste. But it was delicious. I got the simple recipe at ASDA, the supermarket, website. It was pretty good. It is creamy but I am not very satisfied with it.

Source : ASDA

Ingredients
  • 450g Whole wheat spaghetti
  • 2tbsp olive oil
  • 1 onion, finely chopped
  • 2-3 garlic cloves, crushed
  • 150g crispy Bacon strips, crushed
  • 2 eggs
  • 142ml pot double cream
  • 50g grated Parmesan cheese, with extra to serve
  • Flat-leaf parsley leaves, to garnish 
Direction:
 
1 Cook spaghetti according to pack instructions. Meanwhile, heat the oil in a pan and add the onion and garlic. Cook for 5 minutes until they start to soften.

2. Place the eggs in a bowl and beat gently with a fork. Beat in the cream and Parmesan, and season with black pepper.

3. Add the egg mixture to onions, garlic and bacon. Cook over a gentle heat until bubly. Put in the crushed crispy bacon strips. Season with pepper


4. Drain the spagetti and serve immediately pouring the sauce on top with a sprinkling of parsley, extra Parmesan and crushed bacon on top.


The recipe actually says to cook the sauce together with the boiled spagetti but I like to have it separate so I can control how much I wanted. Also I can save the rest of the sauce for later.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails