Welcome to my Foodie Blog

I'm a beginner cook with a very very supportive husband as my kitchen assistant.
My foodie blog is where I will share my simple and no fuss recipes that my husband and I like and absolutely easy to try... At least we have tried.
I also love taking picture of the food so here it goes... a combination of cooking and photography... Enjoy

Love, Helena Rijoly - Matakupan

Tuesday, December 15, 2009

Sup Brenebon // Red Kidney Bean Soup



It's getting cold here in Brighton. So husband and I longed for hot soup. I know we still have a can of red kidney bean in the cupboard and I ran out of ideas of what to do with it. So again I browse through Mindy Jordan's food blog and found this recipe that I add this and that to it. If Mindy happens to look at my blog, I want her to know she has been my inspiration for food blogging.
Anyway, I had an awful headache when making this dish but it magically disappear after having this soup with steaming hot white rice... hmmmmm....

Source : Mindy Jordan

Ingredients:
250 gr beef meat - cut 
2 cups red kidney beans
1 onion - thickly sliced
2 cloves garlic - crushed
1 tbsp butter
a bunch of Flat leaf parsley

Fresh ground nutmeg
Water
Salt, pepper, sugar to season

Directions:
1. Make a beef broth by cooking the meat
2. Boil the kidney beans until soft but not too soft. Drained well and add to the beef broth
3. In a separate frying pan, cook the onion and garlic until fragrant then add to the soup, season well. Cook again for a while. Serve warm with rice or bread


I add 1 tbsp of butter and a bunch of parsley to it and taste pretty nice.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails